Industrial Hygiene & Safety Services
A leader in Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Safety
Chemical Exposure Testing and Analysis
Whether your facility is large or small, the need for industrial hygiene remains the same.
Under the direction of Gary Ticker, Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional with over 25 years of experience, OccuSafe recognizes, evaluates, and controls employee chemical exposures. Testing is conducted using OSHA and/or NIOSH methods and analysis is performed in AIHA certified laboratories. Exposure assessments may include hazardous metals such as lead, cobalt, chromium and nickel, solvents such as xylene, toluene, trichloroethylene and benzene, asbestos and other fibers, as well as respirable and total particulate. Testing recognizes exposures that can potentially cause permanent illness and injury and result in fines and law suits. Existing ventilation, personal protective equipment, and other controls are evaluated for adequacy. Additional controls may be recommended after analysis of testing results and review of best practices. These may include improved maintenance, ventilation, revised work practices, alternative chemicals, additional training, and use of personal protective equipment.
Evaluations consist of the following:
- Gathering of information about possible exposure hazards through telephone discussions, a review of safety data sheets and other company provided information, and scheduling of site visit(s)
- Development of a testing plan
- Site visit consisting of exposure testing and obtaining further information about the processes at the facility
- Laboratory analysis by an American Industrial Hygiene Association approved laboratory.
- A written report which includes interpretation of results and recommendations for improvement and compliance with occupational exposure standards
- Follow-up evaluations as needed